195 South Union Center
Location: 195 South Union Blvd.
Square Footage: 35,000 SF
Completion: Tentative for Late 2010 / Early 2011
ArcWest Architects provided architectural concept development and rendering services for the planned improvements to this retail center situated at the north west corner of Cedar St. and S. Union Blvd.
Conceptual Images / Renderings for Proposed Renovation of Commercial Retail Development
The primary goal for investigation and development of the proposed improvements is to increase pedestrian and vehicular curb appeal to attract and retain by both tenants and customers.
Architectural Drawings for Proposed Renovation of Commercial Retail Development
ArcWest Architects experience with commercial center redevelopment is extensive. Our goal is to provide the greatest value in both design and construction. The following highlights the proposed improvements:
- Paint: The center color is dated and faded; repainting the facility will provide the greatest impact.
- Architectural screen wall: Screening the adjacent gas station and providing a sense of separation will help the centers curb appeal.
- Architectural features: The current monument sign and clock tower feature which promote the center name “Union One” are dated, heavy and in need of a new contemporary look.
- New Name: ArcWest proposes changing the “Union One” name to something else. “195” is shown as one option.
- Outdoor patio: To provide a tenant with an adequate outdoor seating area.
- Enlarged windows: The current windows are both too dark and not large enough. The proposed improvements include replacing and enlarging the two openings along Cedar St. with large storefront openings.
- Canopy along the office entry: To improve an unsafe icing condition along the bridge to the office entries a large tension rod supported metal canopy is proposed.
Images of the Building / Retail Center as it exists today
Jane Gouveia | Owner and Director with Hui Ekahi, LLC